|MCT-SIMô: High-Performance Mercury Cadmium Telluride (MCT) Device Simulator
|MCT-SIM is a design tool for evaluating the performance of Mercury Cadmium Telluride (HgCdTe) diodes in photo-detection and imaging applications. MCT-SIM has been developed to help designers to simulate device performance prior to fabrication.
MCT-SIM obtains electrical and optical (photovoltaic) characteristics of HgCdTe based p-n junction devices (diodes and image sensors) exposed to Mid-wave and Long-wave Infrared (MWIR & LWIR) radiation.
MCT-SIM is the only device simulation tool that revolutionizes the design of MCT-based image sensors by bypassing and eliminating the need for cumbersome finite element software. MCT-SIM provides the ability to investigate the potential use of novel and new device structures for infrared imaging using HgCdTe material systems.
MCT-SIM provides highly accurate results in shorter computation times and simulation results have been verified with measured results of fabricated HgCdTe devices.
MCT-SIM is only available from Banpil.
|HgCdTe DEVICE SIMULATION TOOLS
- Standard MCT Materials
- Image Sensor Devices
- Extend from Mid- to Long-wave Infrared (MWIR & LWIR)
- Simulation results verified with measured results
- Model P+/N-/N+ MCT Diodes, MCT Material Properties, Device Dimensions & Temperature
- Photocurrent, Dark Current, Quantum Efficiency
- Responsivity, Dynamic Resistance, Specific Detectivity
- Noise Equivalent Temperature Difference (NEDT)
- Blackbody Radiation
- HgCdTe Material Properties
- P-N Junction
- Device Dimensions
- Device Temperature
- Photocurrent / Dark Current
- Figures of Merit
- Quantum Efficiency
- Dynamic Resistance
- Specific Detectivity
- Noise Equivalent Temperature Difference (NETD)
Compare with Measured Results
- Compare simulation results against measured performance under various conditions
- Correlate simulation & measured results on same graph
- Provides accurate validation of I-V characteristics
- Highly accurate results
- Short computation times
Banpil’s MCT-SIM Advantages
- Plug & Play – Install & design devices right away
- Easy to use professional solution, better than limited in-house tools
- Highly accurate results
- Eliminate cumbersome and resource intensive finite-element based methods
- Simulate performance before fabrication – significant cost savings
- Executable on Windows Operating Systems (7, Vista, XP), Linux, and UNIX platforms
- First-Class support, training & consulting from industry pioneer
Banpil has expertise in designing image sensors devices from near-UV to LWIR. With MCT-SIM, Banpil extends imaging beyond short wavelengths to longer wavelengths, especially to LWIR regions using standard materials.
MCT Sensor Applications
How to Get MCT-SIM Software
Evaluation copies of MCT-SIM are available. MCT-SIM is offered on a 15-day free trial period after which a full license is required. It is executable on Windows Operating Systems (7, Vista, XP), Linux, and UNIX platforms. MCT-SIM can be requested free of charge from Banpil’s website at www.banpil.com/designtools.htm.